In October 2019, Woolworths Group announced that it had begun an in-depth review of the remuneration paid to award-covered salaried team members. This review was commenced after it was found that some salaried store team members were not paid their full entitlements under the General Retail Industry Award 2010 (GRIA).
We have completed the first phase of our in-depth review covering the last two years in our Supermarket & Metro stores and have made payments to our impacted salaried team members. We have now commenced the review process in BIG W, BWS & Dan Murphy’s.
We remain focused on addressing all payment shortfalls as quickly as possible and thank our salaried store team for their ongoing patience as we work through this detailed process.
We are reviewing all current and former team members who worked in salaried store roles in all of our retail businesses across the Woolworths Group. The following salaried store teams are in scope for our review:
- Woolworths Supermarkets
- BIG W
- Dan Murphy’s
We will also perform checks across other teams covered by awards within Woolworths Group to ensure we’re compliant with the relevant modern awards.
As we are conducting this review to ensure compliance with modern award obligations, the following roles will not be considered in our review:
- EA Roles: Awards do not apply to team members who are covered by and paid under an Enterprise Agreement.
- Salaried Roles: which are not covered by a modern award, for example many Support Office team members
- Countdown: Store teams in New Zealand because they are not covered by a modern award under Australian law.
- Asia: Our team in Asia will not be considered in the review because they are not covered by a modern award under Australian law.
- Pre 2010: Current and former team members who worked in a salaried role prior to 2010 are not eligible for this review as the General Retail Industry Award was not applicable prior to this time.
As our review progresses, we will contact team members directly if we determine you are in scope for the review. If you are currently employed within Woolworths Group, you will be contacted by your Line Manager with more information.